DF Studio keeps a record of nearly every major action or operation that takes place on an asset, beginning with the initial file upload. Actions that are recorded include:
- Changes to an asset’s approval status, or resetting approvals.
- Changes to an asset’s select level.
- Renaming an asset.
- Adding or removing an asset from a Project, Setup, Collection, or the Bin.
- Adding an asset to a Messenger.
- Modifying an asset’s metadata.
- Uploading and downloading files.
- Moving a file from Active Storage to Cold Storage, or from Cold Storage to Active Storage.
- Publishing an asset to a remote service.
These records are displayed in reverse chronological order (most recent on top) in the History tab of the Asset Inspector. Actions within the last two weeks are divided into chronologically relevant sections which can be exposed or collapsed. This list can also be filtered by category or sub-category.
Clicking any individual record in an asset's history will reveal further details about the action or operation, such as the user who performed the action, and the exact date and time.
Clicking the date in an expanded history record will display the date and time the action occurred; clicking again will display the elapsed time (e.g., “3 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes ago”).
Clicking the category or sub-category displayed for a history record will filter the list to display only records falling within that category or sub-category.