Collections organize groups of images that are already stored in one or more Projects in a DF Studio Library. Begin by navigating to a Project containing the desired images.
1. Select images to be included in a Collection.
Click an image while holding the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows/Linux) to add it to an existing selection. To select all images between an existing selection and a new image, click while holding the Shift key instead.
2. Click the Collection button in the toolbar at the bottom of the Project window.
3. Use the Add to Collection overlay to provide a name for the new Collection, and optionally choose a folder in which to organize the Collection. Or, choose an existing Collection to accept the selected assets.
4. Click the “New and View” button to open the destination Collection after adding the assets, or “New and Stay” to add the assets but remain in the current view.
These buttons will read “Add to and View” or “Add to and Stay” if adding the assets to an existing Collection.
Save Time by Using the Bin
When gathering a large number of assets from many Projects, use the following technique instead of repeating the steps above for each Project.
1. Ensure that the Bin is empty. Hover the mouse over the “Bin” button and click “Clear Bin”.
2. Visit each Project containing images that belong in the Collection, and select the desired images as outlined above.
3. Click the “Add to Bin” button in the Asset Inspector or the "Bin" button in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen to add the images to the Bin.
Repeat this step to gather assets for the Collection from multiple Projects.
4. Once all the desired assets have been added to the Bin, click the purple "Bin" button in the bottom left of the DF Studio interface to see all the images together.
5. Click the "Collection" button in the toolbar at the bottom of the window, and use the Add to Collection overlay to place the assets in a new or existing Collection.
6. Click the “Add to and View” button to open the destination Collection after adding the assets, or “Add to and Stay” to add the assets but remain in the current view.