DF Studio’s rename and renumber workflow is an excellent way to renumber assets sequentially in a snap, or apply changes to filenames through a find-and-replace operation. For more advanced operations to apply new filenames in a bulk operation, the Metadata Import tool can be used.
This tool allows the processing of an uploaded CSV file containing new filenames for assets (as well as new Setup names, if desired), applied automatically by matching the DFS ID of existing assets in the Project.
Name changes in DF Studio affect the filename of the original uploaded file.
1. Export a CSV file containing the names and DFS IDs of all assets to be renamed.
2. Customize the asset names in the CSV file to match the new filenames required. Save the updated data in CSV format.
3. Click “Import Metadata” in the Project view to apply the new filenames, and upload the updated CSV file.
4. Choose DFS ID in the Lookup section of the Import Metadata overlay, to match assets in the Project by the DFS ID from the imported file.
5. Map the appropriate field from the imported file to the “Asset Name” field in the overlay, in order to update the asset filenames with the values from that column of the CSV file.
6. Optionally, configure Setups or any other fields from the imported file to be applied to assets in the same operation.
7. Click “Import Metadata” to complete the operation.
If an asset in the CSV has an empty value in the asset name column of the imported file, no renaming will be applied to that asset in the Project.
The metadata operation will appear in the Activity listing for the Project while it is in progress. After the operation has completed, refresh the view to see the updated filenames and Setup locations.
The same steps can be used to move assets from one Setup to another within the Project, by modifying the Setup name in the CSV file. This can be performed in the same operation that renames the assets, or separately in order to focus on a specific set of assets.
Specify a new Setup name for assets in the CSV file, and the asset in the Project will be moved to an existing Setup matching that name, if one exists. If not, a new Setup with that name will be created.
Any asset with a blank value in the Setup field of the imported file will be moved to “No Setup” in the DF Studio Project.
1. Export a CSV file containing the names, Setups, and DFS IDs of all assets to be moved.
2. Customize the Setup column in the CSV to apply the desired Setup name to each asset. Save the updated data in CSV format.
3. Follow the same steps as above, making sure to use DFS ID in the Lookup section. Map the proper field from the imported file to the Setup in the Import section.