When submitting their work to Niche Media, contributing photographers must follow the guidelines below:
- Receive Assignment email for uploading images.
- Prepare submission based on the requirements for the title.
- Upload job using the Assignment Key from step 1 and either a web browser or the DFS Speed Link application.
- Notify Niche Media contact that assignment is complete.
Detailed Guidelines for Submission
1. Receive assignment email for uploading images.
An assignment email containing an Upload Key will be sent which will be used in step 3 for uploading files.
2. Prepare submission based on the requirements for the title.
- Images must be submitted in fully processed .jpeg or .tif formats unless RAW files have been specifically requested.
- Files should meet minimum size requirements for printed page sizes at 300dpi (quarter/half/full/double at 10” x 12”)
- Please allow for at least 0.5” all around bleed on all image
- Double-page spread dimensions are 20” x 12” and photographers should be mindful of gutter placement.
- All files in a shoot should be numbered continuously, with no repeating sequences.
- Only two (2) underscores (_) may be used in the filename.
- Avoid special characters in filenames (spaces, hashtags, ampersands, periods, etc.)
File naming convention:
3. Upload job using the Assignment Key from step 1 and either a web browser or DFS Speed Link.
Using DFS Speed Link to upload:
Uploading via web browser:
Do not upload ZIP files. Only individual files will be accepted.
4. Notify Niche Media contact that the assignment is complete.
It is very important to stay in close communication with the Niche Media contact and notify them immediately upon the completion of the assignment, as often tight deadlines must be met.
Please contact DF Studio at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any errors or other technical issues during the upload process.